The following terms and conditions apply to all services offered by Foundation Multimedia.
- By ordering services from Foundation Multimedia you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse to construct a website which we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise.
- The acceptance of a project shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Foundation Multimedia.
- A deposit of 50% of the total cost of the project is required before work commences.
- Foundation Multimedia cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a project but will arrange a mutually acceptable date with the client as to when work can commence.
- All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client’s website, will remain the clients’ property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
- The copyright for all material provided by Foundation Multimedia, such as HTML code, graphics and text, will remain the property of Foundation Multimedia until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
- Foundation Multimedia makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
- Foundation Multimedia will make every reasonable effort to promote the website effectively but cannot guarantee high placings in search engine results.
- Foundation Multimedia can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of a website promotion project, chooses not to list a clients’ website.
- When both Foundation Multimedia and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed, Foundation Multimedia will invoice the client for the remaining amount due for the project. On receipt of payment, Foundation Multimedia will publish the website or provide the source code for the site via a download (or cd-rom disk) for the client to upload.
- If at any point during the website development a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Foundation Multimedia judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the project.
- Domain transfers will be charged a £20 administration fee per domain name plus costs, transfers with only be completed after all fees have been paid in full.
- Foundation Multimedia expects payment by bank transfer, cheque or cash within 7 days of the date on the invoice or before the due date if the invoice is for web hosting.
- Late payment of invoices for web hosting will result in clients’ website being removed from our server. There will be a £25 administration charge for the re-upload of the website which must be paid together with the original invoice.
- Any payment returned by the bank will incur a £15 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
- Foundation Multimedia does not undertake to maintain or update a client’s website as part of the design project. If a client wishes Foundation Multimedia to maintain or update a website, Foundation Multimedia will negotiate with the client a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Web site maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.
- Foundation Multimedia reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has agreed to any services from Foundation Multimedia prior to a change in prices, that project will not be subject to any increase.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
- Foundation Multimedia cannot be held responsible for any loss of earnings caused by either a fault in the web site or failure of server hardware, we will do everything we can to rectify the situation as soon as possible.
- The liability of Foundation Multimedia to the client for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused shall be limited to and in no circumstances exceed the price of the goods.
- It is the responsibility of the client to check the supplied artwork for any mistakes or errors using the supplied proofs before the project is signed off.
- Foundation Multimedia accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors in any printed material after the project has been signed off by the client.
Foundation Multimedia reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms and Conditions.
If you are unsure of any of the above terms and conditions please ask before work commences, we will be more than happy to help.
St. Cross Business Park,
Isle of Wight